DirectCommand™ has revolutionized the application management process, giving you reliable application rate control that will help you minimize waste. Complete control over liquid and granular application with DirectCommand™
Your resources are valuable and important. Whether you have an NH3 toolbar, Liquid N sidedress unit, sprayer, spreader or electric starter fertilizer pump on your planter, DirectCommand will transform the application process, allowing for maximum control.
- Eliminate overapplication, overlap, spray drift and application gaps.
- Increase productivity during tight application windows.
- Reduce fuel costs and field compaction by applying multiple products at one time.
- Target product application through crop sensing and prescription application strategies.
- Document all field application data and provide simple reporting.
AutoSwath for Liquid and Granular
DirectCommand’s AutoSwath feature reduces over application and product waste by automatically turning the applicator (liquid or granular) on/off based on field boundaries and already-applied areas as it passes over the field. The system reduces input costs and increases application accuracy by minimizing skips and overlaps at end rows, fence rows and along waterways.
DirectCommand offers total liquid control with variable rate application, chemical injection, AutoSwath™ and more.
Spinner Spreader Control
DirectCommand simplifies spreader control by providing automated calibration and storage of critical settings. The system features include variable rate control, automatic section control and closed loop spinner speed control of up to five products. DirectCommand reads ground speed and automatically adjusts product flow to match target application rate.
Control up to three channels of granular product using your strip-till applicator while simultaneously controlling anhydrous and nitrogen stabilizer with the addition of liquid and chemical injection control modules.
ISOBUS and Serial Interface
ISOBUS Task Controller
ISOBUS Task Controller offers capability for single-product ISOBUS-equipped sprayers, provides support for AutoSwath™ Control, Prescription Rate Control and Data Logging.
The following controllers are compatible with Ag Leader through serial control: RDS, RECO/Sulky, Amazone+, Bogballe, Kuhn, LH5000, Vaderstad, Kverneland, Raven, Mid-Tech, Rawson, New Leader, BRZEG and Flexicoil.
ISOBUS Liquid System
Ag Leader’s DirectCommand™ ISOBUS Liquid system provides advanced tools for control and critical system information visibility for todays increasingly sophisticated application equipment. Additionally, data collected in the field is readily accessible via .pdf or on your iPad for government reporting, in-field productivity scouting and input purchasing decisions.
Total Liquid Application Control to Meet Today’s Challenges
Ease of Use. The unique Load and Go feature takes the guesswork and stress out of setting up the UT sprayer configuration. The tank mix menu was recreated to be simple to use yet detailed enough for today’s tough regulations.
Coverage. Droplet Size Monitoring allows users to easily enter their spray tip characteristics and the system will determine the droplet size given the boom pressure. This easily allows operators to manage spray drift and ensure proper chemical efficacy.
Low Flow Situations. When the target rate is small or when applying with most of the boom sections off, our system will automatically read the more accurate feedback of the pressure sensor rather than the flow meter, ensuring proper application rate at all times.
Performance. 36-section boom valve support; DirectCommand™ supports more shutoff sections than ever before. Support for a wide variety of UT displays, control valves, flow meters, temperature sensors and pressure sensors ensures the compatibility you need.
Documentation. AgFiniti® Mobile and SmartReports™ are two tools that make application documentation a cinch.
Reliability. Internally tested over several thousand acres and numerous Universal Terminals, the ISOBUS Liquid Control Module comes standard with the proven reliability synonymous with the Ag Leader name.
Recording and Reporting Application Data
Data Logging- DirectCommand automatically records application activities, including applied areas, product volume and more. This data can easily be downloaded into SMS™ Software for analysis and can help accurately calculate input needs for the following year.
Smart Report™-Smart Report simplifies application reporting (both liquid and granular), providing an easy way to generate detailed application reports for government recordkeeping. Reports provide location, product information, applied totals, field areas, as-applied maps and field boundaries. DirectCommand records applied application rates, offers Rx mapping and simplified reporting using Smart Report for Manure Application and Reporting.
OptRx® Crop Sensors
Ag Leader OptRx Crop Sensors
The use of crop sensing technology in grains, cereals and other production ag crops is one technique to increase plant health and yield potential. OptRx Crop Sensors measure the needs of your crop and provide application rate recommendations for agrochemicals in real time to maximize your profit.
The OptRx Difference
What makes OptRx crop sensors stand out from the competition?
- Virtual reference strip. Unlike many other crop sensors on the market, the OptRx Crop Sensor doesn’t require a nitrogen-rich strip for making nitrogen application recommendations. Instead, OptRx relies on a new technology called a virtual reference strip. Growers simply identify the healthiest area of the field and scan that area in real time, rather than applying excess nitrogen to an area of the field pre-season and mapping that point.
- User-friendliness. The OptRx sensor offers a user interface that exceeds previous sensors. OptRx directly interfaces with the flagship Ag Leader display to show the sensor readings and mapping onscreen along with other application data, such as rate control and automatic swath control.
- Red-edge light wave. OptRx uses a red-edge light wave to scan plants. Most competitive products use only a red wavelength, which has been shown in studies to be non-responsive at high plant density. The red-edge lightwave stays responsive to health-stress on plants at later growth stages than other competitive products.
- Single algorithm. OptRx crop sensors use a single algorithm application. Trials have been conducted in multiple states that have shown positive results of using a single algorithm in comparison to multiple algorithms.
How OptRx Works
OptRx Crop Sensors measure and record data about crops in real time using the reflectance of light shined on the growing plants. Sensors can be installed across the application boom to collect information while driving through the field. The data is logged and mapped to be used in further analysis – or for real-time variable rate applications. This kind of data is the key to precision farming. Collect information in the fields, analyze and then make decisions based on the data.
The OptRx crop sensor helps growers apply agrochemicals based on crop vigor. For example, the sensor tells the applicator to apply less nitrogen on healthy corn plants and more nitrogen on weaker, unhealthy corn plants, according to a calibration specific to that field.
In addition, OptRx’s advanced light-sensing technology is not dependent on ambient light – offering maximum flexibility to be used day or night.
What OptRx Can Do For You
- Reduce application of nitrogen in nitrogen-rich areas.
- Increase yield potential in nitrogen-poor areas of the field.
- Record crop vigor variation data across the field.
- Balance the effects of organic material variability across the field.
- Improve yield potential for crops harmed by denitrification due to poor drainage.