SMS™ Basic is powerful desktop software that helps you to take data from your field and turn into smart management decisions, using information gathered from planting through harvest.
Turn Your Data Into Profitable Decisions
- Use guidance planning and support to archive guidance lines for future use.
- Create prescriptions based on yield history, soil test results or any additional maps.
- Map soil results by using the soil sampling tools and downloading soil survey maps.
- Print detailed operation reports, charts and maps.
- Analyze yield against other field operations to determine yield influence.
- Track expenses and income throughout the growing year.
Simplify Guidance Line Management
- Import, manage and store your guidance data. Transfer saved guidance patterns or AB lines to and from multiple guidance systems and file formats.
- Exporting saved guidance patterns for future operations allows you to be more efficient.
Visualize your data better – print maps, charts and reports
- Print your harvest, planting, spraying and other maps to share with landlords, consultants, insurance specialists and others.
- Build charts and reports to show acres planted, planting/harvest dates, bags planted and total harvest production.
- Create reports and maps to satisfy government reporting needs. This can include crop insurance reporting with AIPs or regulatory compliance for application documentation. Export Acreage/Production data from SMS to your AIP for a more streamlined crop insurance reporting process.
- Aerial imagery and road maps are instantly displayed when maps are created.
- These backgrounds provide great visual reference when viewing maps and also will display in print layouts.
Precisely Place Inputs
- Generate simple variable rate prescriptions for seed, liquid or granular applications based on yield history, soil test results, soil survey maps or any other map.
- Export prescriptions to the majority of the precision ag displays in today’s market.
Discover Yield Influencers
- Overlay yield maps with other field operations to determine how field activities affected yield across the field.
- Download soil survey maps to determine most efficient areas.
- Using the selections tools, accurately select and analyze particular hybrids/products, different application rates and specific areas of the field.
Manage Soil Sample Activities
- Create and manage soil sampling points, grids, and regions. Use the Sampling Wizard to generate new sample sites. Export existing or new sites for in field sampling with SMS Mobile or other devices.
- Easily sync lab soil test results with sample locations in the field. Then map the sample sites for recommendations, analysis or use in reports and printing.
Download Soil Survey Maps
- Automatically download soil survey maps (U.S. only) via an internet connection, for your fields already saved in your management tree.
- Display attribute information such as Soil Type, CSR, Erodibility Class, Slope Range, percent sand/silt/clay and more.
Easily Track Financials
- Easily track operation expenses and incomes which can be included in financial reports and print layouts. Utilize SMS’ resource tracking tools to calculate product amounts used and needed from imported data or user generated prescriptions and crop plans. Then simply enter the cost per product to calculate total expense for that operation. Use your grain harvest data and commodity sale price to calculate income from that operation. Bring all expense/income entries together for a detailed financial tracking report.
View your data anywhere
- View your data anywhere, from any device* when using SMS in conjunction with the AgFiniti cloud based platform! Export your data from your SMS desktop software and view your row by row planting, application, harvest data and more in the cloud! Utilize your favorite mobile device whether it’s an iPad, Windows tablet, Android tablet, laptop or smartphone. Now your data is more mobile than ever! *Internet connection required
Effortlessly Send, Receive and Share Data
- Through an AgFiniti account, you can send and receive data files wirelessly from the cab including grower, farm and field information, prescriptions, boundaries, product names and data files. Files can be accessed from your smartphone or tablet in the field or at the office and shared with trusted advisors such as dealers, coops or farm managers.
Supported file types:
Ideal for farmers looking for more sophisticated analysis tools and consultants who are working with multiple clients, SMS™ Advanced includes all of the features of SMS Basic, plus additional tools and features designed to make analysis across multiple fields and operations easy.
SMS Advanced was designed to provide more sophisticated analysis tools for both the grower and their trusted advisors.
SMS Advanced for the Grower
By recording your data year-round and year-after-year from your precision farming display, SMS Advanced helps you manage information across many acres and fields to understand how changing variables affect yield and profit.
SMS Advanced for Trusted Advisors
Whether you are a crop consultant, insurance provider, custom applicator or seed dealer, SMS Advanced allows you to manage an unlimited number of projects to analyze data by individual field or across the entire client base while keeping data separate.
Includes all of the features of SMS Basis plus:
Efficiently Manage Client’s Data
- Organize client’s information in seperate and secure projects. Projects can be organized by groups and can also be password protected. Multiple users can access projects from a storage location and may check out projects for client review while in the field. Projects can be stored at multiple data locations offering flexibility for large client databases. Each location can be formatted for custom migration and backup settings.
- Wirelessly transfer prescriptions and other management files to the field by utilizing AgFiniti’s file transfer feature. Use AgFiniti’s file sharing tools for instant access to client’s data. With a grower’s permission, custom sharing relationships can be established for easy data access between AgFiniti accounts
Create tailor-made Report and Print Layouts
- Give grower clients the specific information they need by developing customized reports, maps, charts and summaries, including multi-layer views of planting, harvesting and application maps.
- The SMS software has an abundance of print layouts and the ability to create user-defined layouts that you can use to feature your data on the right layout.
Discover Yield Influencers
- Utilize the Correlation and Comparison Analysis tools to begin understanding how in-field variables influence yield.
- The Correlation tool indicates a position or negative relationship between two variables. 1 indicates a positive/strong correlation and 0 indicates no correlation. For example, if a correlation result revealed a .464 relationship between yield and soil CEC one may determine areas of the field with higher CEC levels have a greater chance of producing a higher yield.
- Once you’ve identified a relationship between variables the Comparison Analysis tool can be used to further understand it. The Comparison tool helps you better identify how one or more variables (such as hybrid selection, soil type, fertilizer rates, planting dates) combine to affect results, such as yield. For example, a comparison could be run to determine optimum planting speed.
Reveal Management Zones
- See field trends based on layers of annual field data such as soil types, soil fertility results, yield data, NDVI results and more all in one map, giving you the valuable date needed for creating management zones. Data normalization tools allow you to accurately view yield trends even when multiple crops types have been planted in the same field over the years.
Create Formula Based Prescriptions
- Build an equation to generate a new dataset based on mapped layers, such as soil test results, soil type, grain harvest, zone maps or previous fertilizing application.
- Create, edit and save fertilizer recommendation equations from universities, consultants and others, then apply those recommendations to specific projects, or across the entire client base. Users can also output multiple product recommendations from a single equation, helping make prescription writing more efficient.
Interpret NIR Imagery
- Convert NIR imagery captured from satellite, airplane or UAV into a manageable spatial layer for data analysis, creating prescriptions or generating management zones. Simply identify the near infared and visible red color bands and the NDVI analysis will do the work by calculating NDVI and NIR vigor values into mapped attributes.
Breakdown Field Profitability
- Create a new layer based on expense and income entries from all operations that contain financial tracking information. The resulting map will visually display profit/loss values and trends across fields and totals in profit/loss reports.
Reduce Processing Time
- Process SMS Advanced’s powerful analysis tools in batch mode across projects and datasets to reduce time and develop consistent reporting for clients.
- Also, utilize SMS’ Batch Command Utility to complete many common data management tasks such as Import and Exporting files (including shape and text), generating boundaries, reprocessing data and more, saving you valuable processing time. Note: Limited Batch Functionality also available in SMS Basic.
Better Visualize Field Topography
- Use Terrain Analysis and 3D View layers to begin understanding your field’s relationship between topography and yield and to determine drainage needs. View multiple terrain characteristics such as drainage area, watershed id, slope, wetness potential and flow direction.
Better Manage Operational Activities
- View an animation of operations pass-by-pass. Watch an instant replay of how an operation was logged in the field. Slow down, speed up, pause and skip during replay of the event. Also, actual time attribute values for the operation will be displayed during replay (e.g., speed, rate, elevation, etc.).
- An easy-to-read calendar format gives a unique chronological view of all field activities. This allows for better understanding of how timing of field work impacts yield. View field activities by day, week or month. Enter events not recorded with a display for thorough records. Calendars can be printed, filtered and custom grouped for different viewing preferences.
View your data anywhere
- View your data anywhere, from any device* when using SMS in conjunction with the AgFiniti cloud-based platform! Export your data from your SMS desktop software and view your row by row planting, application, harvest data and more in the cloud! Utilize your favorite mobile device whether it’s an iPad, Windows tablet, Android tablet, laptop or smartphone. Now your data is more mobile than ever! *Internet connection required
Effortlessly Send, Receive and Share Data
- Through an AgFiniti account, you can send and receive data files wirelessly from the cab including: grower, farm and field information, prescriptions, boundaries, product names and data files. Files can be accessed from your smartphone or tablet in the field or at the office and shared with trusted advisors such as dealers, coops or farm managers.
SMS™ Mobile allows you to collect information from the field and sync with your desktop software program to provide the extra detail needed to make critical management decisions.
- Log and edit points, lines or polygons manually or with GPS
- Display up to 4 real-time map statistics
- Image download
- Seamless data transfer to SMS desktop software
- Import/export shape files
- View up to 4 background map layers simultaneously
- View, record and revise field outline and sub-boundaries within the field to accurately document field areas. Utilize SMS Mobile’s operational tools to precisely account for GPS offsets, enhanced logging intervals, field marks, measurement and division needs.
Soil Sampling Mode
- Create and navigate to specific soil sample sites. Navigate to sample sites using bird’s eye view, enhanced navigation view or a hybrid of both (SMS Mobile PC only). Add and move soil sample sites based on desired location. Drawing tools are available to make and divide sampling zones for specific area needs. Utilize SMS Mobile’s ability to display multiple layers to define and navigate to precise in-field areas. Auto-fill soil sample ID to accommodate customized sample id naming.
Crop Scouting Mode
- Scout specific field locations or navigate to previously scouted locations to log detailed information on field/crop conditions as well as insects, diseases or weeds observed. Utilize existing attributes to document detailed pest observations or create customized attributes to fit your operation’s needs. Link images taken to scouted sites while in the field. Underlay layers from other operations for visual reference while scouting, including planting, soil survey, imagery, application and others.
- Continuously log and record data for swath-based coverage operations. This allows for the logging of different hybrids/varieties, tillage operations or application rates within the field. The Virtual Implement Switch feature allows users to collect a more accurate area for operations by automatically adjusting swath width and turning the acre count on/off when entering already covered areas.
General Logging Mode
- Create and edit point, line and polygon areas in the field for field scouting, tile line mapping or creation of management zones and others.
- Easily download satellite images for each field to display background layers when you are in the field.
- Download images per field or in batch across all your fields in SMS Mobile.
- SMS Mobile features a Navigation View that allows the operator to quickly and easily navigate to locations in the field.
- SMS Mobile PC gives you additional navigation options with a split screen navigation view.
- Add picture notes while scouting to better document important pest observations. Link images to scouted areas using the device running SMS Mobile camera or by manually selecting an existing image. Picture notes will import into SMS Basic or Advanced when syncing SMS Mobile.
- Instantly print data collected in any of the field operations. Print industry standard PDF files or save, or email directly from your laptop, desktop, tablet or mobile device.
- SMS Mobile supports a variety of common external sensors, allowing operators to quickly and easily collect data in the field. Supported sensors include:
Veris EC Sensors
• Geonics EM Model Sensors
• Minolta 502 SPAD Meters
• Dualem EC Sensor
• Holland Scientific 430
• Ag Leader OptRx® crop sensor
• Custom Sensor – Log data from user-defined sensor
- The SMS Mobile software also is designed to be installed on any devices running Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8.